Commy’s has recently been forced to listen to his female friends castigating the modern male’s attempts to impress them. Why is it, they asked, that men feel compelled to lie about their job, financial and relationship status in an effort to impress? Do they not realise that the vast majority of females can spot a bull-shitter at twenty paces?
Yet, whilst agreeing that women may well have a point, Commy did feel that by concentrating their attentions on these knuckle-draggers; subtle, more intelligent ‘players’ were slipping under their radars. Men who, contrary to female opinion, have evolved their flirting skills to the extent where, armed with a few key phrases guaranteed to provoke a frisson of heightened sexual interest, they do very nicely, thank you very much!
Below, he provides a few ‘tried and tested’ exmples :-
- ‘…my evening class tutor says that, for a karate black-belt, my hands are remarkably good for bread making.’
- ‘…of course I’m a great believer in soul-mates.’
- ‘…maybe I haven’t found the right one yet … but I’ve been working on my marriage proposal for years.’
- ‘…my favourite Shakespeare play? Oh, Romeo and Juliet obviously!’
- ‘…don’t tell anyone but I always shed a tear when I watch Bambi.’
Having said that, Commy did concede that whilst some men had made great strides over the years, there are still one or two who still haven’t quite grasped the concept of piquing women’s interest without taking it that step too far. He therefore feels obliged to pass on one or two school boy errors:-
- ‘…my last girl friend and I used to co-ordinate our outfits.’
- ‘…you know, I think chick-flicks are a much underrated art form.’
- ‘…Saturday afternoon … paint shopping … great!’